Blood Type Diet Recipe
BARLEY SPELT BREAD FOR BREADMAKER
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is a really yummy recipe using rolled barley that replaces wheat based breads.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- For a 1 lb loaf
- 1/2 c water
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 1/2 T honey
- 1 t salt
- 1/3 c cooked barley
- 2 1/2 c spelt flour (12 ounces)
- 2 T powdered whey
- 1 1/2 t active dry yeast (I use fast acting and cook on rapid cook setting)
How to make it:
- Put the ingredients in the bread pan in the order listed, or in the reverse order if the manual for you machine calls for the dry ingredients first and liquids last.
- Select Basic Wheat Cycle, Light Setting (or the equivalent setting for you machine).
- Push start.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 28, 2007 at 04:29 PM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 09:57 AM By: Father Tiresias