Blood Type Diet Recipe
RED LENTIL LOAF FOR BLOOD TYPE A & AB
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Janet Flavell||Added: Dec 29, 2009 at 11:30 AM|
This is one of the winning recipes from the Best Blood Type Specific Loaf Recipe Contest
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- 1 & 1/2 cups red lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 25g. butter (equivalent 1 & 3/4 tblsp)
- 2 cups grated goat’s cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (A Secretors substitute pimento instead of tomato)
- 3 slices gluten free bread crumbled
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
How to make it:
- Simmer lentils in the water with bay leaf and garlic until tender and water absorbed.
- Sauté the onions in butter until transparent.
- Remove and add eggs, cheese chopped fresh or canned tomatoes, breadcrumbs, seasonings and parsley.
- Remove bay leaf from lentils and drain.
- Stir into the rest of loaf mixture and spoon into a well greased baking paper lined loaf tin.
- Bake uncovered 180 degrees for 45min. or until firm in the middle.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: