Almond Bread Focaccia-style"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: nanalovesantiques||Added: Nov 29, 2009 at 09:07 AM|
For single slices of loaf bread recipe, try this Almond Bread variation.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond meal or flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder with arrowroot * see recipe below
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar, molasses, honey or BTD compliant substitute
- 1/4 cup grape-seed oil, sesame oil (or use a BTD compliant substitute
Baking powder Recipes with reduced portions:
- 2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and legal baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add agave nectar and oil.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Line rectangular pan with parchment paper and spread the dough as thin as possible, the size of a slice of bread.
- Use a spatula to spread evenly and square the corners of the dough.
- Bake for about 5 minutes and watch carefully as not to let it burn.
- Cool and slice into bread slice sizes.
Baking powder Recipes
- Mix together and store in an airtight container.
- Substitute equal parts for commercial baking powder in any recipe
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Olive Oil||1 ,2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Sesame Oil||1 ,2|| N|| B|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Nov 29, 2009 at 12:33 AM By: Lola