Blood Type Diet Recipe
ULU (BREADFRUIT) PATTIES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Krisztina Samu||Added: Nov 26, 2009 at 05:29 PM|
Delicious 'burgers' made with the delectable 'ulu' or breadfruit. Now you will know how to make a lip smacking meal with this blessed fruit.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- One ulu (breadfruit), ripe to the point where your fingers easily make dents in the fruit when you pick it up.
- 1/2 cup minced roasted red peppers (from a jar)
- 1/4 minced parsley
- 1 medium onion minced
- Sea salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- One bag panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs)
- Olive or sesame oil for frying
How to make it:
- Cut breadfruit in half, scoop or cut out brown core and discard.
If fruit is super soft, almost runny, you will not need to steam it. If it is not:
- Steam ulu until it is soft.
- Scoop out the insides and discard the peel.
- Mix with roasted red peppers, parsley, onion, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
- Form into patties and bread with panko crumbs.
- Fry gently in olive oil until lightly brown.
- Makes a great entree or side dish.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Breadfruit|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 29, 2009 at 12:53 AM By: Lola