Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Sheila ||Added: Nov 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM|
A feel good food, healthy and easy. Beneficial for type O. I cook leftovers in with an egg for breakfast.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 large bunch of swiss chard (stems included)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- pinch of sea salt (or use your favorite spices like cajun)
How to make it:
- Add spices and olive oil to a large skillet on medium heat (seeds are better if heated in oil first).
- Cut up onion and red pepper and add to skillet.
- While onions and red pepper are cooking, chop swiss chard in aproximatly one inch strips cutting across the stems.
- Cook aproximatly 10 to 15 minutes longer or as desired.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 23, 2009 at 09:56 PM By: Lola