Blood Type Diet Recipe
TURKEY SESAME NOODLES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Brighid45||Added: Oct 20, 2009 at 06:45 PM|
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover turkey. White or dark meat (or a mix of both) may be used, but I prefer dark meat as it's more moist and flavorful.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 6 Tablespoons nut butter (tahini, peanut, almond, etc)
- 5 Tablespoons wheat-free tamari sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- 1 Tablespoon warm water
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar OR lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
FOR THE MAIN DISH:
- 1/2 lb rice noodles or rice pasta
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 lb cooked and finely shredded turkey
- 1/4 English cucumber OR firm crunchy vegetable such as kohlrabi, peeled and cut in slivers
- 1/2 red pepper, diced OR 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 10 snow peas, thinly sliced across diagonally
- 3/4 cup sprouts of choice
How to make it:
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a blender or mini food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Cook the pasta or rice noodles.
- Drain, rinse and toss with the sesame oil and turkey.
- Add the sauce and mix until evenly combined.
- Top with the crunchy vegetables and serve immediately.
- Serves 4.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sesame Oil|| 1 ,2 || N|| B|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 20, 2009 at 07:35 PM By: Lola