A non |
B non |
O non |
Spelt Pizza Crust/Dinner Rolls
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This basic bread dough makes a good pizza crust, dinner rolls, crescent rolls, or sweet rolls.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1-1/4 cups warm water
- 1 packet quick rising yeast (2 teaspoons)
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 2 Tablespoons molasses [or BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cups spelt flour [or BTD compliant substitute]
How to make it:
- Mix honey, molasses, and warm water.
- Add yeast and let dissolve.
- Add flour and sea salt.
- Mix well and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Shape as desired (pizza crust, dinner rolls, sweet rolls, bread sticks).
- Cover with clean cloth and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cooking time will vary depending on size and shape of your loaf.
Remove from oven after 20 minutes, quickly add sauce, cheese, toppings and return to oven for additional 10 minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Honey||1|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Molasses|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Agave Syrup|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 10, 2007 at 01:37 PM By: Drea