Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Katsy||Added: Sep 21, 2009 at 07:19 PM|
Suitable for Teachers and Type B's (maybe others); got the recipe from this blog (http://mamasnuthouse.blogspot.com/2007/09/make-your-own-cultured-buttermilk.html) if you need more information
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cultured buttermilk (for starter)
How to make it:
- In a microwave or on the stove, heat the milk to 95-105 degrees.
- Pour into a glass container and add buttermilk to the warmed milk.
- Mix well.
- Put the lid on and let sit for 8-24 hours.
- It can be room temperature, or on a heating pad set on low -- the warmer it is, the faster it will set up
- Or you can even set the jar in the sun for about 4 hours if it's between 70-80 degrees.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Buttermilk|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| A|| A|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 22, 2009 at 00:24 AM By: Lola