Blood Type Diet Recipe
BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: nowishow - Connie||Added: Aug 05, 2009 at 03:59 PM|
Cooking the squash this way gives the flavors a little more complexity. Almost like you roasted it.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons Ghee
- 2 peeled garlic cloves (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea Salt
How to make it:
- Cut the ends off the squash (just barely)
- Slice the squash lengthwise
- Scrap out the seeds
- Cut two pieces of foil large enough to completely wrap up each piece of squash
- Set each half on a piece of foil
- Put half the ghee, half the water, and 1 clove garlic in each squash cavity
- Sprinkle salt over the top
- Wrap tightly and place both in 13x9x2 dish and then into the oven
- Bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours at 375 until very soft
- Cool slightly then scrap squash from it's shell (with a fork) into a bowl
- Stir and adjust seasonings
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: