Blood Type Diet Recipe
TOFU IN MUSTARD MISO CILANTRO SAUCE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Tofu chunks in a creamy, tasty sauce! This dish is fast and easy to prepare, and it tastes rich and satisfying. I just threw a bunch of stuff in the pan, and it tasted so good, I had to write it down!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 3 Tablespoons organic stone ground mustard
- 3 Tablespoons organic sweet miso paste
- 2 teaspoons organic olive oil
- 1/2 organic red onion, chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 a cake of organic firm tofu, cubed
- few spoonfuls of filtered water for mixing mustard and miso paste
- 1/2 cup organic cilantro, finely chopped
- handful of pumpkin seeds, toasted in dry skillet
How to make it:
- Place mustard and miso paste in a small mixing bowl.
- Add a few spoonfuls of water to create a smooth, pourable paste.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Chop enough cilantro to create about 1/2 cup.
- Use the stems, too.
- Add the cilantro and cubed tofu to the mustard and miso paste.
- Stir well.
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Add chopped onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Add cilantro, tofu and mustard/miso paste to skillet.
- Cook for a few minutes, adding water as necessary to create a thick, gravy-like sauce.
- While the tofu cooks, toast the pumpkin seeds in a skillet.
- When the tofu is done, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: