Blood Type Diet Recipe
PINTO BEAN HUMMUS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is a wonderful replacement for Hummus made with Chick-Peas (Garbanzo Beans). It can be used as an appetizer, as a dip and, by thinning it, as a sauce over vegetables.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 3 Tablespoons tahini (sesame seed nutbutter)
- 1 large can pinto beans, drained and save juice
- dash of Tabasco [check for Avoids]
- olive oil
- parsley, for garnish
How to make it:
- Into a food processor put the lemon juice, garlic, onion, tahini, and tabasco if used.
- Process for a few minutes add the drained beans gradually while the processor is running and thin with the juice until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of parsley.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: