Blood Type Diet Recipe
SUPER BENEFICIAL SEAFOOD SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: NassMum||Added: May 26, 2009 at 06:43 AM|
I use this recipe to replace the good old Chicken Soup, for when my family are battling the winter sniffles. I can buy Atlantic Salmon chunks of carcasses or bones from my fishmonger but if yours doesn't have any, you could use a small whole fish.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (9 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type O (8 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- 1kg Salmon bones (or carcasses)
- 1 large Cod fillet
- 2 large onions
- 6 large carrots
- 2 bunches fresh Parsley
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 2 Red Capsicum
- 1 small Broccoli
- 2 Chopped Parsnip
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
How to make it:
- First, add olive oil, one chunky cut onion, 3 chunky cut carrots, one bunch chopped parsley, and fish bones to a large saucepan.
- Cover with water, and add salt to taste.
- Let simmer for a good two hours.
- Next, strain off all ingredients, leaving just the nutritious broth.
- Return to the stove, and add 3 chopped carrots, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped sweet potato, 2 chopped red capsicum, 1 small chopped broccoli, 2 chopped parsnip, 1 bunch fresh chopped parsley.
- Simmer again for about 20-30 min before finally adding the bite-sized pieces of Cod fillets, simmer for 15 min.
- Ladle over brown rice, to add an extra bit of texture! Enjoy!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Salmon|| 1 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|
|Onion (Red/Spanish/Y...|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|
|Parsnip|| 2 ,3 ,4 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Cod|| 1 ,3 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Potato (Sweet)|| 2 ,3 || A|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Rice (White/Brown/Ba...|| 2 ,3 || N|| N|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Carrot|| 1 ,2 || B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|
|Pepper (Sweet/Red/Al...|| 1 ,2 || A|| N|| A|| A|| B|| N|| B|| B|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Broccoli|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Parsley|| 1 || B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: