Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Joyce Bettridge||Added: Mar 27, 2009 at 02:15 AM|
B's and O's will want to substitute for a more tolerable bean and mushroom. Mushrooms are the key to keeping this veggie burger together.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (8 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (7 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (or any oats)
- 8 ounces button mushroom (common white)
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 stalks celery sliced thinly
- 1 cup (I used frozen) broccoli
- Garlic (I used chopped from a jar)
How to make it:
- Saute the carrots, celery and garlic until just soft.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until you get a consistency of meatloaf.
- Form into patties.
- Separate with parchment paper and freeze in ziplock until needed.
- My recipe made 9 patties.
- I fried it on the stove in olive oil, but you can also bake them on a broiler pan at 350 for about a half hour.
- If frying, you will want to turn the heat fairly low and cook for quite a while - 30 minutes or so.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 16, 2011 at 04:29 PM By: Joe