Blood Type Diet Recipe
APPLE BRAISED LAMB SHOULDER CHOPS (OR RABBIT)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: nowishow - Connie||Added: Mar 24, 2009 at 07:24 PM|
This is a great Explorer meal. With five diamond foods and four superfoods. Pretty hard to beat.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 4 lamb shoulder chops (or 4 rabbit pieces)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 small red onion -chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 parsnips chopped (remove core)
- 1 bulb fennel - sliced
- 1 green apple (like Granny Smith) peeled and sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water or stock
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 cup (or less) of maple syrup
How to make it:
- Season meat with salt and pepper
- In a large, deep frying pan - brown meat in oil
- set aside
- Soften onion, celery, garlic, and parsnips in oil
- Add salt and pepper to veggies, if desired
- Add fennel and apple, mix in and cook another minute
- Nestle the meat back in the pan moving veggies on top of meat
- Combine the juice, water, lemon, and maple syrup and add to mixture
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 1 or 2 hours until tender.
- Add more liquid as needed
- Serve over rice or quinoa with a side of broccoli
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Apple/Apple ...|| 1 ,2 ,3 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Mar 24, 2009 at 07:36 PM By: Lola