Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Lisa Hall||Added: Mar 16, 2009 at 08:14 PM|
Ground buffalo with red peppers, onions, garlic brown rice, fresh spinach and mozzarella cheese on a warm Ezekiel tortilla!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- 1 lb. ground buffalo meat
- 1/3 of a red pepper sliced fajita style
- 1 small onion sliced fajita style
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- fresh baby spinach
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- chili powder/seasoned salt
- Ezekiel brand tortilla shells
How to make it:
- Saute the buffalo meat, red pepper strips, onion strips, garlic and the desired amount of chili powder and seasoned salt (if desired) in a large skillet.
- While this is cooking, cook the desired amount of brown minute rice.
- After the rice is done, I add about a cup of the rice in the meat and veggie mixture, and let it cook together for a few minutes.
- Take a tortilla shell, add a handful of baby spinach in the middle, then a few spoonfuls of the meat/veggie mixture, and top with a little of the shredded mozzarella.
- Fold as desired and eat, such an incredible taste, takes care of the Mexican cravings!
(the seasoned salt has cornstarch in it, and it's an avoid for type O's, but I don't use much at all....your choice to add or omit)
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 14, 2009 at 06:54 PM By: Lola