Blood Type Diet Recipe
CURRIED OAT GROATS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Deborah||From the Recipe Archives|
Another delicious B dish, serve this with fish and green beans or any other seasonal green.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (7 beneficials)
- 1-1/2 cup oat groats
- 2-3 Tablespoons crushed hijiki or arame seaweed
- 2 Tablespoons curry ( I like more)
- 1 Tablespoons fresh chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Bragg Liquid Aminos [or wheat-free tamari]
- kelp, dulse, and flax seeds to top
How to make it:
- In a 3 quart saucepan combine: groats, seaweed, curry, garlic, parsley and salt.
- Cover with water by one inch.
- Bring to a boil, lower flame and simmer for 40 minutes, covered.
- Allow to cool slightly and add: olive oil, yeast, kelp, dulse, and Bragg's liquid amino acids. Top with fresh ground flax seeds. Enjoy,
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 10, 2007 at 00:02 AM By: Lola