A non |
B non |
O non |
Hunter Wilted Greens Salad with Chicken
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: nowishow - Connie||Added: Mar 04, 2009 at 03:27 PM|
This is a great complete meal for a Hunter
Best Used By Blood Types:
- One large bunch – Mustard greens or Kale (or combination)
- One small sweet onion
- 3 green onions
- Cooked chicken – 1 or 2 cups chopped or shredded
- Small can garbanzo beans
- 3 or 4 sun chokes (Jerusalem artichokes)
- One large lemon – zest and juice
- One Tablespoon Agave
- 2 Tablespoon Vinegar free mustard
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Macadamia nuts
How to make it:
- Wash and cut or tear greens into bite size pieces (discard stems)
- Chop both onions, add to greens
- Wash and chop sun chokes (use lemon as you chop to keep it from discoloring)
- Have your sun chokes, chicken, and garbanzo beans ready, but do not add yet
To make dressing:
- Combine zest and juice, agave and mustard
- Chop nuts and set aside
- Heat oil on medium high heat in small sauce pan
- When oil just starts to smoke add lemon mixture
- stir for 15 seconds then add nuts, stir again
- Remove from heat and pour immediately over greens, toss greens with hot dressing
- add chicken, sun chokes and beans
- toss salad again
- Serve immediately.
Salad can be refrigerated for about a day for leftovers.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Mar 04, 2009 at 10:25 PM By: Lola