A non |
B non |
O non |
Blender Lentil Veggie Soup
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Feb 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM|
Easy recipe that makes good use of frozen veggies for a fast, hearty soup.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1.5 cups Lentils (cooked)
- 4 cups frozen veggies of your choice (I use brocoli, mustard greens, carrots, onions, and peas)
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon curry powder
- 2+ cups water
- lemon juice to taste
- sea salt to taste
How to make it:
- Defrost your frozen veggies and cook your lentils(Trader Joes sells precooked black beluga lentils in a microwaveable plastic pack. Only 90 seconds in the micro.)
- Transfer everything to a heavy duty blender and blend until silky smooth, adding water to thin to your desired thickness.
- Option - Leave very thick and serve as a puree under a baked poultry or fish for a fancy presentation.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Mar 02, 2009 at 08:23 PM By: Lola