Blood Type Diet Recipe
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH BASIL DRESSING
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Whitedov1208||Added: Feb 14, 2009 at 04:55 PM|
The basil dressing makes this taste like you're fine dining at a posh restaurant! Easy recipe and serves 6.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (light can be used)
- 3 Tablespoons plus 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon, grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts or turkey cutlets
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 large clove garlic
How to make it:
- Whisk 1/3 cup of olive oil, lemon juice, fennel seeds, 3/4 teaspoon sea salt in a heavy-duty re-sealable plastic bag.
- Add the chicken (or turkey) and seal the bag to marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to 1 day, turning the meat occasionally.
- Prepare the grill or oven (375 degrees) and bake meat until throughly cooked.
- Transfer the meat to platter and drizzle the basil dressing over and serve.
- Add brown balsmati rice and string beans for a complete meal!
BASIL DRESSING: Meanwhile, blend the basil, garlic, lemon zest and remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 teas. salt in a blender (or whisk) until smooth. Gradulally blend in the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil. Add more salt to taste, if desired.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken|| 2 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Turkey|| 2 || N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Feb 14, 2009 at 10:48 PM By: Lola