Blood Type Diet Recipe
APPLE BROCCOLI SLAW
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Kate||Added: Feb 12, 2009 at 04:06 PM|
Found this on Recipezaar and it is fantastic!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar or date sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar [or lemon juice]
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2-1/4 cups chopped pink lady apples or other sweet apples
- 12 ounces package broccoli coleslaw mix or 12 ounces chopped broccoli
- 3 ounces dried tart cherries or dried cranberries [check for avoids]
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted slivered almonds or sunflower seeds
How to make it:
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- Top slaw with vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 11, 2010 at 10:44 PM By: Joe