A non |
B non |
O non |
Zuppa Ribolata (Lentil Soup with Vegetables)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Entered by Brigite, created by Curtis Stone||Added: Feb 07, 2009 at 12:41 AM|
This soup is ideal for vegans as well. So flavorsome, any meat lover would still love this meal!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (8 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
For the Puree:
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- generous 1-1/4 cup vegetable stock (made with vegetables compliant for your Blood Type)
- 2/3 cups vegetable stock to puree the lentils.
For the Soup:
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, white part only, diced (type O non can substitute with green onion, or simply omit this ingredient.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup lentils
- 5 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- - 1 fresh thyme sprig
- - Kale, 8 leaves thinly sliced
- - croutons to garnish, homemade with compliant bread for your blood type.
How to make it:
- Place the lentils and the generous 1-1/4 cups stock in a large saucepan and cook over a low heat until all the liquid has evaporated and the lentils are tender (about 25 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer the lentils to a blender and process, adding enough extra stock as needed, until smooth.
- Set the puree aside until required.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Add the carrots, celery, shallots, leek, and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Add the lentils, bay leaf, and thyme and the measured water, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes or until lentils are soft. Skim any impurities from the surface of the soup, and add the kale.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the kale is cooked.
- Mix in the puree.
- Place in serving bowls.
- Add croutons, and serve.
- This serves 4-6 as a starter.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 17, 2011 at 01:10 AM By: Joe