Blood Type Diet Recipe
WHITEDOV'S BORDER-STYLE CHILLI
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Whitedov1208||Added: Jan 28, 2009 at 07:37 PM|
This is a good chili recipe that I start out using a deep non-stick frying pan and then throw into the Crock Pot to simmer all day. Goes great with my recipe for White Spelt Mexican Bolero Dinner rolls (see baked goods section for recipe) and a salad!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 14 ounce can Northern Beans
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for heat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
How to make it:
- Heat olive oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and crumble ground beef into skillet, cooking until beef is no longer red.
- Add chili powder, red pepper flakes (if using), chopped cilantro, garlic, sea salt, cumin, cloves, oregano and ground coriander (if using) to cooked ground beef and stir.
- Add canned crushed canned tomatoes, beef broth, lime juice and beans; mix well and heat to boiling.
- At this point, you can cover the lid and simmer for 1 1/4 hrs; then, uncover and simmer on medium low heat 10 -15 mins until slightly thickened OR place the contents of the pan into your Crock Pot and forget about it. Enjoy
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Coriander|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Feb 10, 2009 at 04:19 PM By: Lola