Blood Type Diet Recipe
BREAD MAKER WHITE SPELT MEXICAN BOLILLOS (DINNER ROLLS)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Whitedov1208||Added: Jan 28, 2009 at 06:46 PM|
Surprisingly easy and delicious. Hard and crusty outside and soft inside. Goes great with Chili Con Carne or with any meal. (see my Chili Recipe posted).
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 2 teaspoons yeast (I use jar Red Star brand yeast)
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon Agave or Honey (if BTD compliant)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 cups White Spelt Flour
For brushing the bread prior to baking:
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon Arrowroot powder
How to make it:
- Put all the ingredients in your bread machine in the order listed per your bread machine instructions.
- Use 'White Bread' and 'Dough' setting on machine.
- The dough will be very wet - don't panic!
- Take the dough out and knead it into a log shape using enough flour so it's not too sticky.
- Cut dough into 10 pieces; roll each one into an oval shape.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix cold water and Arrowroot in a small saucepan. Heat over high heat, stirring constantly to boiling until thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Brush rolls with warm Arrowroot mixture.
- Slash each roll lengthwise with sharp thin knife to 1/2' from each end and cutting abuot 1/2' deep.
- Bake for 30-35 min. until rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Honey|| 4 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: