Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: ME Hall||Added: Jan 03, 2009 at 10:30 PM|
Excellent recipe. May have to adapt a bit due to the use of vinegar. But definitely a favorite every time I make it.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 1/4 cup brown lentils, rinsed[or other BTD compliant substitute]
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar [or other BTD compliant substitute]
- 3 Tablespoons oil olive
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, if desired, and diced (2 cups)[or other BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- In a small saucepan, cover lentils with water by one inch, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until lentils are tender but still hold their shape.
- Approximately, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil.
- Add lentils, cucumber, parsley, onion and eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well to coat with dressing.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cucumber|| 1 ,2 || N|| N|| B|| B|| N|| N|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 07, 2009 at 11:15 AM By: Lola
- Revised By: wst