Blood Type Diet Recipe
INDIAN-SPICED ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: funkymuse||Added: Dec 19, 2008 at 02:02 PM|
Found this recipe in Fitness Magazine and it's GREAT!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 2 cups Canned Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar or other compliant sweetner
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Compliant Pepper and Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- Spread on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 20 - 25 minutes, tossing halfway through until chickpeas are dark brown in spots.
- Let cool.
Can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Also fantastic on a tossed salad.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 07, 2009 at 03:06 PM By: Lola