Blood Type Diet Recipe
PUMPKIN/BUTTERNUT SQUASH MUFFINS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Dec 16, 2008 at 12:27 AM|
Extremely moist healthy muffins! Easy to adjust recipe to suit your blood type!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 1 3/4 cup Quinoa Flour (or our type flour)
- 1/4 cup Flax meal
- 1.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree or unsweetened canned (or use all squash)
- 1/2 cup squash mash (butternut, seasonal, or use all pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites beaten
optional 1/4 cup agave or honey, 1/2 cup nuts, dried fruit, add water as needed
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a muffin sheet and spray with non stick lightly.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet then add to the dry.
- If not moist enough add some water until thick cream consistency.
- Divide into muffin cups should make 12 small muffins or 6 big ones.
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon on tops (optional)
- Bake about 10-15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Amazing with ghee and a drizzle of honey!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Honey|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 07, 2009 at 03:08 PM By: Lola