A non |
B non |
O non |
Banana Date Flaxseed Bread
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: funkymuse||Added: Dec 14, 2008 at 07:32 PM|
Absolutely delectable on it's own or smothered in Ghee!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 3 Bananas, Mashed
- 1/4 Cup Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Xylitol (or other compliant sweetener)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 3/4 Cup Millet Flour, (or Flours that are compliant for your type)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda, (or no Baking Soda and 1 full teaspoon Baking Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Whole Flax Seed or 1/4 Cup Chopped Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pitted Dates
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together banana, oil, sweetener and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground flax seed and whole flax seed.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Fold in dates.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 05, 2009 at 08:43 PM By: Lola