Blood Type Diet Recipe
FESTIVE FALL MUFFINS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Syren4444||Added: Nov 25, 2008 at 09:15 PM|
These are wonderful toasted for a fall/winter season treat! Pumpkin, cranberries, and nice spices make for a great hearty muffin!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 2 cups Quinoa Flour (you can substitute your favorites)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- Spices to taste: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (or other flavor)
- 1 Tablespoon molasses (optional)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries and 1/2 cooking liquid
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup applesauce (or oil)
- 2 egg whites (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350, line muffin tins and spray with nonstick.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 water to the cranberries, cover and microwave about 3-4minutes until the pop.
- In separate bowl, blend the cranberry and water mixture with the rest of wet ingredients and then add to dry mixture. Blend well.
- Pour into 12 muffin tins and bake for 10-15 minutes until puffy and browned.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Vanilla|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Cinnamon|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
|Anise|| || N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: