Blood Type Diet Recipe
SEED & NUT BREAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Accidental Chef||Added: Nov 15, 2008 at 11:10 PM|
A great snack that goes well with compliant cheese!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1 cup freshly milled millet
- 1/2 cup freshly ground almond
- 1/8-1/4 cup Ghee, just enough to make combined flours crumbly
- 3/4-1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon compliant sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
How to make it:
- Combine flours with sweetener and salt.
- Add ghee till you get a crumbly mixture.
- Add pine nuts and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Whisk egg and add that and mix well.
- Add pineapple juice and combine mixture till you get a slightly runny mixture.
- Let the whole mix stand for 15 minutes (thanks Brighid for this tip!)
- Set oven to 180 Deg C/350 deg F
- Just before spreading the mix on a tray, add baking soda -another great tip from Brighid!
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised May 23, 2011 at 09:19 PM By: Joe