A non |
B non |
O non |
Lamb Stew with Vegetables and Roots"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Lady Arwen||Added: Nov 09, 2008 at 06:52 PM|
A dish enough for 2 hungry Hobbits or 4 regular people
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type AB (8 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type B (8 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (13 beneficials)
- 1 pound organic lamb, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon walnut garlic pesto
- 1 Tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 1 Tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly, white only
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup Martin and Wyrick Muscato Allegro
- 3 small beets, cooked and chopped into chunks
- 1 package frozen California Style vegetables, cooked
- Mrs Braggs Amino Acid to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- a pinch of thyme
How to make it:
- Heat the oil and add the lamb and the onions.
- Brown lamb and onions. Add Walnut Garlic Pesto
- Scrape pan and add the 2 juices.
- Add the Leeks and the sea salt.
- Mix and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the Wine and the Thyme.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add the Beets and the California Style veggies, heat through. Enjoy!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Wine (White)|| N|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| A|| A|
|Walnut Oil||1 ,2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Cauliflower||2 ,3|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| A|| A|
|Lamb||2|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
|Cranberry Ju...||2|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|
|Sea Salt||2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Leek||2 ,3|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|
|Garlic||2 ,3|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|| N|| B|
|Onion (Red/S...||2 ,3|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|
|Walnut (Engl...||2 ,3|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|
|Beet||2 ,3|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| N|
|Macadamia||2 ,3|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Carrot||2 ,4|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| N|| B|
|Thyme||2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Broccoli||2 ,3|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Parsley||2|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Pineapple Ju...||2|| B|| B|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a good omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acid ratio.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Dec 16, 2010 at 06:46 PM By: Joe