Blood Type Diet Recipe
APPLE AND APRICOT SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Polly in UK||Added: Oct 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM|
This is a favourite soup with family and friends. Just delicious! Light and refreshing, hot or cold.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces onion- finely chopped
- 6 ounces celery- cut into strips & thinly sliced
- 6 ounces dried or ready to eat apricots-quartered [check for avoids]
- 8 ounces cooking apple/tart apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ounce ground almonds
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube [check for avoids]
- 2-1/2 pints of boiling water
- garnish with flaked almonds.
How to make it:
- Heat oil, cook onion and celery for 10 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the 1/2 stock cube.
- Add apple and apricots, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in ground almonds, them remove pan from heat and add water.
- Bring back to boil, then simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- Place mixture in liquidizer/blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted flaked almonds.
- Enjoy, I know you will.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: