A non |
B non |
O non |
Apple and Apricot Soup"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Polly in UK||Added: Oct 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM|
This is a favourite soup with family and friends. Just delicious! Light and refreshing, hot or cold.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces onion- finely chopped
- 6 ounces celery- cut into strips & thinly sliced
- 6 ounces dried or ready to eat apricots-quartered [check for avoids]
- 8 ounces cooking apple/tart apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ounce ground almonds
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube [check for avoids]
- 2-1/2 pints of boiling water
- garnish with flaked almonds.
How to make it:
- Heat oil, cook onion and celery for 10 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the 1/2 stock cube.
- Add apple and apricots, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in ground almonds, them remove pan from heat and add water.
- Bring back to boil, then simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- Place mixture in liquidizer/blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted flaked almonds.
- Enjoy, I know you will.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 11, 2010 at 10:27 PM By: Joe