Blood Type Diet Recipe
NO CHILI, 'CHILI' (WHITE)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Oct 13, 2008 at 03:12 PM|
In the fall and winter we just can't live without our chili. This is as close as I can get for type A's without feeling too much guilt.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 lb bulk Turkey Sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 stocks of celery, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large or 4 small bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 15 oz cans Great Northern Beans (1 whole can & 1 drained)
How to make it:
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the turkey, turkey sausage, onions, celery and salt to the pot.
- Break up the turkey and sausage in to small pieces with the sharp end of a spatula.
- When meat is almost oompletely cooked through and veggies have softened mix in the minced garlic and bay leaves.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in the oregano, thyme, cumin, cayenne, onion powder and garlic powder in to the pot.
- Stir in the chicken stock and beans.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer (low).
- Simmer for at least 40 minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Caye...|| || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 06, 2009 at 08:23 PM By: Lola