Blood Type Diet Recipe
TOFU STIR FRY
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Sep 25, 2008 at 03:49 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 3 Tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 15 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 package of Teriyaki Baked Tofu, sliced
- 2 - 3 bunches of broccoli, cut in to spears
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, cut in half then quartered
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon powder ginger
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2 Tablespoon corn starch [arrowroot]
How to make it:
- In a small pot over medium heat saute the brown rice in 1 Tablespoon of canola oil.
- Stir frequently till lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth bring to boil and cover.
- Cook until all liquid has been absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat 2 Tablespoon canola oil over medium high heat.
- Arrange tofu in a single layer.
- Pan fry till browned.
- Remove, taking care to leave behind as much oil as possible.
- Set aside.
- Add the vegetables to the wok/skillet and cook over medium high heat stirring frequently until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Return the tofu to the wok/skillet.
- Pour sauce over tofu-veggie mixture and stir until everything is covered and sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Arrowroot|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Cornstarch|| 3 || N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 20, 2011 at 10:53 PM By: Joe