A non |
B non |
O non |
Salmon Roe Cure and serve"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Carl Nyman||Added: Sep 25, 2008 at 03:29 PM|
This recipe tells how to cure whole skeins for serving and provides a serving suggestion.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1/2 pound whole salmon skein(s).
- 1/4 cup salt
- 6 cups water
- Mayonnaise [check for avoids]
- White Onion
- Sourdough bread [or compliant substitute]
How to make it:
- Mix the water and salt and heat to about 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add roe and stir until the eggs begin to fall from the skein while gently rubbing with thumbs as the skein begins to melt.
- Do not overheat as this will 'cook' the eggs and they will lose the desired color and flavor.
- Remove from heat and continue to rub the eggs free from the skin.
- Drain into a sieve and remove remaining skin.
- Place the clean, salted eggs into a glass container and refrigerate.
- SERVING SUGGESTION:
- Slice fresh open grain sourdough or french bread.
- Spread with mayonnaise and thinly sliced white onions. Top with Salmon roe.
- Lox and Salmon roe together are good.
- Mayonnaise may be pureed with Kalamata olive or Tarragon for different flavors.
- Can also be served with crackers.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised May 26, 2011 at 09:04 PM By: Joe