Blood Type Diet Recipe
WATER CHESTNUTS WRAPPED IN TURKEY BACON
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: MelissaJ||Added: Sep 07, 2008 at 09:55 PM|
A Yummy Appetizer
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1 Tablespoon Ume Plum Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or 2 tsp brown sugar if allowed)
- 1/4 teaspoon marmite (or 2 T soy sauce if allowed)
- water to cover
- 8-12 fresh water chestnuts, peeled (or one can whole water chestnuts, rinsed)
- 6-12 slices turkey bacon
How to make it:
- After peeling the chestnuts, marinate in the liquid ingredients for 20 minutes or more in refrigerator.
- Wrap with 1 or one-half slice of turkey bacon and place on cookie sheet, seam side down.
- Broil in hot oven for 6-7 minutes, watching that they don't burn. The water chestnuts will remain crispy.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 07, 2009 at 03:46 PM By: Lola