Blood Type Diet Recipe
GRILLED COD AND VEGGIES OVER APRICOT WALNUT COUSCOUS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Sep 07, 2008 at 08:39 PM|
This seems like a lot of work when you look at it but it comes together quickly. This looks impressive enough to entertain with and tastes great too.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (8 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- Type AB (7 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (6 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- 1 cup couscous [or substitute brown rice, will increase cooking time]
- 1-1/2 cups water (or broth/stock)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots (or other dried fruit for your type)
- 4 boneless, skinless cod fillets (approx. 4 to 5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- olive oil
- Any cut up vegetables that stand up well to grilling and is appropriate for your type would work here. Our favorites are:
- yellow/summer squash
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 of a lemon's juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- (for types that can have it, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes is excellent in this as well)
How to make it:
- In a large bowl mix together the veggies, oil, salt and lemon juice.
- Put veggies on skewers or in a grill bowl. Cook on grill turning occasionally until tender.
- With paper towels pat fish dry, coat with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on sheet of foil and put on the grill.
- Cook fish 3 to 5 minutes on each side, flipping only once.
- In a small bowl whisk together the shallots, parsley, salt and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a 2 quart pot bring water (or stock/broth) to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low/simmer.
- Add couscous, walnuts and apricots to pot.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- To assemble, spoon couscous onto plates, top with veggies, then place fish fillet on top of veggies.
- Spoon olive oil mixture over fish.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Apricot/Apricot Juic...|| 1 ,2 ,3 || B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Squash (Summer/Winte...|| 2 ,3 ,4 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Lemon/Lemon Juice|| 2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Sea Salt|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Couscous (Cracked Wh...|| 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 || N|| A|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|
|Onion (Red/Spanish/Y...|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|
|Cod|| 2 ,3 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Zucchini|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Olive Oil|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Shallots|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Parsley|| 2 || B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 27, 2010 at 08:03 PM By: Joe