A non |
B non |
O non |
Black Bean Soup with Meat
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: funkymuse||Added: Aug 25, 2008 at 09:08 PM|
Thanks to Valerie Vanderford, who posted the Black Bean Soup that I based this on!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Onions Chopped
- 10 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Pound Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 Package Applegate Roasted Red Pepper Sausage
- 3 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 5 cups Beef Broth
- 2 cans(15 Oz)Black Beans or 4 cups Prepared Black Beans
- 1/2 cup Wakame (Sea Vegetable)
- 3 cups Basmati Rice Precooked
- Sea Salt/Fresh Ground Green Peppercorns to Taste
How to make it:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat; brown onions, garlic and sausage.
- In a separate frying pan, brown ground beef, drain and add to onion mixture.
- Continue cooking adding chili powder, cumin, beef broth, Wakame, and one can of the beans.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree the remaining can of beans and add to the pan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 - 20 on medium.
- Add rice, reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 07, 2009 at 03:51 PM By: Lola