Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Darla Quail||Added: Aug 20, 2008 at 10:38 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1 pound cherries, pitted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons earth balance natural buttery spread (To grease the pan) [or ghee]
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup earth balance natural buttery sticks, melted [or ghee]
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the cherries, sugar and flour. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Pour Cherry mix in to the pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, melted buttery stick, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Top cherry mixture and place in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Ghee (Clarif...|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 16, 2010 at 07:44 PM By: Joe