Blood Type Diet Recipe
BROWN RICE AND LENTIL CASSEROLE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: kate4975||Added: Jul 28, 2008 at 07:39 PM|
Courtesy of 'ladypit' from Recipezaar.com. This is a basic recipe you can jazz up with vegetables, spices, ground meat, sausage, or anything else that appeals to you. Simple, tasty, cheap and healthy!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 3 cups compliant broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice, rinsed
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 cup grated compliant cheese
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except cheese in an 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 16, 2010 at 07:39 PM By: Joe