A non |
B non |
O non |
Quick Saute'd Apple 'Crisp'
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Mayflowers||Added: Jul 23, 2008 at 02:47 PM|
I took the recipe from the Genotype website and made it my own..I only used an apple..I'm not sure how to put this in the recipe base but this is one serving. Increase ingredients according to number of servings to taste. Figure one apple per person.I believe the left over almonds can make an awesome hot cereal by adding hot compliant milk or hot water..But that's another recipe..
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 apple
- 1/8 teaspoon Rum flavoring
- 1-2 Tablespoons Ghee, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon divided (or to taste)
- (tiny pinch) of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup Almonds ground
- 1/4 teaspoon or less Granular Splenda divided
How to make it:
- Peel, core and slice the apple and sautei n ghee, in a nonstick saute pan over medium heat.
- Add Splenda, about 1/8 tsp cinnamon, cloves and rum flavoring and cook till soft but not mushy.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Add more ghee into pan, pour in ground almonds add cinnamon and about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Splenda granular.
- Stir over medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Spoon over sliced apples and serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cinnamon||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jul 23, 2008 at 03:45 PM By: Rodney
- Revised Oct 29, 2010 at 05:32 PM By: Rodney