A non |
B non |
O non |
Garam Masala 2
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Mayflowers||Added: Jul 15, 2008 at 08:11 PM|
Here is another version of Garam Masala, used in Indian dishes. This masala has a sweeter note.You can sub paprika for the chili pepper.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 dried whole chili pod
- 1/2 teaspoon Saffron threads
- 5 cloves mace
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 3 three inch cinnamon sticks
- 15 black cardomom pods
- 1/3 cup green cardomom pods
- 1/2 cup cumin seeds
- 2/3 cup corriander seeds
- 1/4 cup fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground nutmeg
How to make it:
- Remove cardamom seeds from pods and discard pods.
- Pour all ingredients except ground nutmeg into a ungreased fry pan and toast on top of the stove, stirring every 5 minutes for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Grind in a spice grinder or coffee grinder to a powder.
- Sift through a small sieve, and mix with ground nutmeg.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Date and label containers and use for no longer than 4-5 months.
- When it becomes stale, it loses it's impact.Store in a cool dry place.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jul 27, 2008 at 10:03 AM By: Rodney