Blood Type Diet Recipe
SEAFOOD CHOWDER - LIQUID GOLD!
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: funkymuse||Added: Jul 09, 2008 at 10:52 PM|
I used to cook this Crock Pot recipe up for a dear friend of mine, Bob Mills, who passed on in 2005 - Bless his Soul. He called it Liquid Gold! It is rich and delicious served up with a crisp nice green salad. Enjoy!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- 3 lbs fresh or frozen fish fillets (a great combo is salmon and cod)
- 6 slices turkey bacon cut up in small pieces(I use Applegate brand)
- 2 med onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions with tops
- 1 med butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 3 sweet potatoes pared and cubed
- 3 cups water or clam juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground green pepper
- 26 oz unsweetened Mimic Creme (Almond/Cashew milk)
- (See http://www.mimiccreme.com/)
- Ground red pepper powder to taste
- Ghee to taste
- Kelp Sprinkles to taste
How to make it:
- Thaw frozen fillets and cut into bite-size pieces. In small skillet saute bacon and onion until golden, drain and put into CROCK-POT with fish. Add all remaining ingredients except creme. Cover and cook on Low 6-9 hours (until potatoes are tender); or on High for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours). Add Mimic Creme during last hour.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Nut/ Seed Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Clam|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: