Blood Type Diet Recipe
'ITALYBOUNDS' SNAP PEA SALAD WITH RADISH & LIME
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Italybound||Added: Jul 06, 2008 at 11:33 AM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved (about 2 cups)
- 7 ounces yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups) [assumed rating of green bean]
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt , or to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 10)
How to make it:
- Steam peas over 2 inches of boiling water, stirring once, until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- Steam wax beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add radishes, peas and beans; toss to coat.
- Serve chilled.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Blac...|| 2 || A|| N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 11, 2010 at 08:46 PM By: Joe