Blood Type Diet Recipe
SWEET POTATO CAKE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
'Highly beneficial' dessert. The batter is especially easy to prepare if you have a food processor.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1 cup Kamut flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice or ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large or 2 medium apples, peeled and grated
- 1-1/2 pound sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt (if desired), allspice, and coriander.
- Set the bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the apple and potato.
- Add the flour mixture to the potato mixture, and stir the ingredients well.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8' or 9' square baking pan.
- Place the pan in the hot oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 5-10 minutes before turning it out on the rack to cool completely.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Canola Oil|| 1 ,2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 12, 2007 at 05:36 PM By: Lola