A non |
B non |
O non |
Pizza Sauce Substitute"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Yummy sauce for homemade pizza and you won't miss the tomato!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 2 teaspoons sugar [or agave]
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons oregano powder
- 3 drops anise flavoring
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
How to make it:
- Working in a small bowl, mix dry spices and powders.
- Stir in anise flavoring.
- Stir in 1/2 c. water.
- With a rubber spatula, spread a thin layer on the pizza dough, concentrating it slightly around the edge.
- Add your pizza toppings and bake as usual.
- The sauce is very highly flavored, so a little goes a long way.
- I haven't tried variations with substitutes.
- This pizza sauce works like a charm, and my pizza-loving family raves over it.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Anise|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 28, 2007 at 03:20 PM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 01, 2007 at 12:39 AM By: Don
- Revised Oct 02, 2007 at 07:19 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 11:05 AM By: Don