|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Green Vegetable Pasta|
|Contributed by: havingfun63||Added: May 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM|
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 1 inch pieces
- 2 green zucchini sliced on the diagonal
- 4 artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 pound Jerusalem artichoke pasta
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- grated romano cheese
- Bring large pot of water to a boil
- In a large skillet heat oil over med. heat
- Add scallions and cook gently until wilted, about 3 minutes
- Add asparagus, zucchini, and artichoke hearts, cook 3 more minutes
- Meanwhile cook and drain pasta
- Toss pasta with a little olive oil and season with sea salt
- Cover and keep warm
- The vegetables should be tender but still a little crisp
- Toss with pasta, sprinkle on the basil, and serve with grated cheese
- Serves 4
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Jun 08, 2008 at 11:17 AM By: Rodney