|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|20-Minute Meat Loaf|
Turkey Meat Loaf.
How to make it:
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced [omit for type A-non & O]
- 2 roasted nori (dried seaweed leaves) torn into small pieces
- 3/4 pound ground white meat turkey
- 1 egg white
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (Type O)
- 1/2 cup Contadina tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with olive oil spray.
- Heat a nonstick skillet, and coat with olive oil spray.
- Add onion, carrots and mushrooms; sautee for five minutes. Mix vegetables with roasted nori, ground turkey and egg white.
- Add sea salt & pepper to taste.
- Divide ground turkey into two, place on baking tray, and shape into two loaves about 6' x 3.'
- Bake for 15 minutes. Makes two servings.
The following toppings can be prepared while the turkey meat loaf cooks.
- Basic tomato sauce (Type O) Mix ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Heat on medium high for 5 minutes, or microwave on high for one minute.
Vermont (type A)
Mix 3 tablespoons maple syrup and 3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard together.
- Each recipe makes two servings.
- Spoon the sauce over the top when the meat loaf is finished baking.