|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tempeh Kabobs |
|Contributed by: havingfun63||Added: May 18, 2008 at 07:25 PM|
Serve over steamed rice. Serves 4
How to make it:
- 1 package tempeh
- 6 ounces plum jam
- 2 ounces pineapple juice(from the pineapple)
- 3 Tablespoon tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
FOR THE SKEWERS
- 1 large onion, quartered and separated into layers, 2 layers per piece
- 2 Portobello mushrooms cut into 1x1 inch pieces
- 2 medium Zucchini, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 2 cups 1x1 inch pineapple chunks
- Steam tempeh 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine barbecue sauce ingredients and prepare vegetables.
- Slice tempeh into pieces same size as vegetables.
- Assemble the skewers, altering tempeh, vegs., and pineapple.
- (When skewering zucchini do so through the green rind)
- Brush with barbecue sauce and grill over medium heat until nicely browned.