|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Ginger, Carob or Chocolate Cake|
This also came from Wheat-free, Milk-free, Egg-free cooking.I have adjusted it a bit. The other possible changes I've suggested haven't been tested.
How to make it:
- 25 grams soy flour [or spelt]
- 50 grams sugar (as unrefined as possible or try stevia, honey, agave or maple syrup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried pectin (an unknown, but is vital to get the cake a good texture)
- 2 heaped teaspoons dried ginger (or 25g carob powder or cocoa)
- 100 grams ground brown rice
- 20 grams yellow split pea flour (this is an unknown, chestnut flour might do the same thing)
- 25 grams ground almonds (or other nuts)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 ml pineapple juice (If you replace the sugar with honey or maple syrup, might need to reduce this a little.)
- 1 apple peeled, quartered, cored & finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil (B's melted butter should do it)
- Mix everything together well.
- Grease well or line a tin 7 1/4 x 3 1/2 x 2 1/4 inches. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 200C (350F?) Store in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge.
- Only keeps well for 2-3 days, but can be frozen.