|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spicy 'B' bean soup|
|Contributed by: Judi Voll||Added: May 09, 2008 at 08:55 PM|
Yummy bean soup with great spicy flavor!
How to make it:
- 1 large can kidney beans *
- 2 cans navy beans*
- 1 can lima beans *
- 1 can great northern beans*
- turkey Italian sausage (hot or mild)
- 5 or 6 cloves garlic chopped or minced
- 1/2+ cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 red and/or green pepper chopped
- 1+ Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1-2+ tbs basil
- 1 teaspoon+ chili powder
- (1/2+ cup brown rice could be added also)
- * you may use dry beans- (follow instructions for soaking over night) this will increase cooking time.
- In large fry pan brown sausage (if using links slice the end open and squeeze the ground meat out), red and green pepper, garlic, spices, celery and carrot.
- Pour off any excess grease.
- In crock pot or stock pot, pour each can of beans including the juice.
- Add the browned ingredients and cover with water.
- (add rice if desired)
- Cook on medium low for a at least 2 hours.(I put everything together in the evening and put it in the fridge then put them on to cook in the morning and let them cook all day).
- If using dry beans cook till beans are tender.